[OE-core] LXC - linux container support in OE

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 18:38:24 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 1:22 PM, Dorairaj, Sanjay
<Sanjay_Dorairaj at cable.comcast.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Can someone let me know the current state of OE support for LXC containers?
> Is the current implementation of LXC support stable enough to be used in a
> fielded product? Has anyone implemented this in their products and if so,
> are there any lessons-learnt or case studies that could be shared?

Everything you need to created, deploy and manage LXC containers is part
of oe-core + meta-virt (and dependencies).

After that, it really depends on what you want to do with the containers .. but
yes, they've been used and deployed on top of a yocto base.

Cheers,

Bruce

> I see that there are recipes in place for this -
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-virtualization/tree/recipes-containers/lxc/lxc_0.9.0.bb?h=master
>
> Appreciate the help!
>
> Regards,
>
> Sanjay Dorairaj