[OE-core] qte-4.8.5 missing libQtUiToolsE.a on toolchain

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Feb 13 23:31:18 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 15:56 -0200, Diego Sueiro wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Diego Sueiro
> <diego.sueiro at gmail.com> wrote:
>         libQtUiToolsE.a is just present at qt4-embedded-staticdev
>         package. Shouldn't it needed to be added to
>         meta-toolchain-qte?
>
> Should I have to send a patch to fix this?

Well, if you build static binaries you need the staticdev packages. By
default we assume people tend to use dynamic libraries and the SDK is
therefore setup that way.

So I'm not sure there is any need to "fix" anything, the system is
working as designed. If you want to improve the documentation, I'm sure
Scott would love some help with that though.