[OE-core] qte-4.8.5 missing libQtUiToolsE.a on toolchain

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 20:18:36 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 1:57 AM, Diego Sueiro <diego.sueiro at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM, Richard Purdie
> <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>>
>> Well, if you build static binaries you need the staticdev packages. By
>> default we assume people tend to use dynamic libraries and the SDK is
>> therefore setup that way.
>

> Richard,
> Looking at qt4-embedded build results it just produces the static library
> for QtUiToolsE and file ./lib/libQtUiToolsE.prl point to a static library.

then package the needed static library in -dev package. Now its not
recommended practice however sometimes
exceptions are made but I would recommend to check first if its an
oversight/bug in QT5 to not generate a .so
for the given library or it could be a architectural need to have it
static either way some clarification is needed
before this change is made