[OE-core] Building mesa uses hosts wayland-scanner instead of version from sysroot

Erik Botö erik.boto at pelagicore.com
Wed Jul 2 07:48:45 UTC 2014

Hi,

I noticed differences when building mesa on my local machine and on
one of our build servers. It failed on my local host due to errors in
the generated wayland-drm-client-protocol.h but worked on the build
server. Examining log.do_compile I noticed that it uses
wayland-scanner from /usr/bin/ on both machines instead of using the
one present in the sysroot, so I guess it works due to luck on one
machine.

If I make /usr/bin/wayland-scanner a symlink to the version in the
sysroot it builds ok.

Can anyone else verify if their mesa builds uses the hosts
wayland-scanner? And does anyone the proper way to convince mesa to
use the sysroot version?

(I'm using daisy, so mesa 9.2.5)

Cheers,
Erik