[OE-core] ^{} what is it good for? (bitbake problem)

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Wed Jun 4 14:21:00 UTC 2014

On 04.06.2014 10:29, Olof Johansson wrote:
> On 14-06-04 10:06 +0200, Steffen Sledz wrote:
>> So what is this ^{} which comes from lib/bb/fetch2/git.py good for?
>> Or is this a remnant from a typo?
>
> From git-rev-parse(1):
>
>   <rev>^{}, e.g. v0.99.8^{}
>       A suffix ^ followed by an empty brace pair means the object could be a
>       tag, and dereference the tag recursively until a non-tag object is
>       found.
>
> Without this change, (some?) tag references would end up not
> being considered to be on the requested branch by bitbake (by
> default, master), as the tag objects themselves are not. The tags
> therefore have to be resolved to a reference to a commit.
>
> Given the description in git-rev-parse(1), it surprises me that
> it doesn't work for some cases. I think it has to do with the tag
> being annotated or not.

You were right. The method works with annotated tags only. I've changed the related tags.

Thx,
Steffen

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 515932-237 mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058