[OE-core] --conf Was: Features in Yocto Project 1.7

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Wed Mar 26 14:38:28 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Trevor Woerner
<trevor.woerner at linaro.org> wrote:
> On 03/25/14 01:50, Martin Jansa wrote:
>> Can you show some example of config you need to have wor wayland and
>> cannot have for core-image-minimal?

> As a concrete example, currently I'm flipping between dora and master
> builds. For some reason I can't seem to reuse the same TMPDIR between
> them. So every time I "repo init -b <newbranch>" I then also have to
> edit conf/local.conf before bitbaking.

Use separated build directories for this, so you don't need to mangle
conf/local.conf every time.

Personally I have different trees for Dora and Master and inside it I
have several build directories when working in this kind of test
(different distro features and like) and this is easy to maintain. For
auto builder, we cooked a script to abstract the configuration in
command line options so we can easily extend it and get it used in
several build jobs.