[OE-core] initial support for musl libc with OE/Yocto Project

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 22:04:17 UTC 2014

Hi

There were interest in other threads in having musl as an alternative
to eglibc/uclibc that we already have in OE, in that direction I have
poured in my on and off work and put it into a contrib tree

http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/musl

TCLIBC=musl MACHINE=qemuarm bitbake musl

would get you going. It does not yet build a full image, there are
patches needed for some packages and I could use some help to weed
them out.

Right now, I have added support for qemuarm in gcc but others are
following soon.

So if you are interested try it out and may be try to build core-image-minimal
and fix the packages along the way

Happy hacking

-Khem