[OE-core] [for-daisy] Pseudo backport breaks build in some hosts

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Nov 5 22:52:32 UTC 2014

On 11/05/2014 12:34 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In clean hosts the pseudo build is broken. It seems to be lacking the
> attr dependency which has been added during the Dizzy development
> cycle but not included when doing the backport for Daisy; I suspect it
> has not been detected in Yocto Project AB because it should have attr
> headers available.

We actually just completed a full pass QA cycle on what was to be
1.6.2rc1, we found a couple of issues that are being address (like we
forgot to bump the actual Poky DISTRO_VERSION and the build-appliance
rev). Along with a couple more CVE patches that have come in.  As you
point out it did go through a full AB, which has different Linux OS
setups.  The fact that this was missed, I am not sure.

> We seem to need a better way to test backports as this is the second
> time backports has included regressions. I think we ought to have a
> daisy-next (and likely dizzy-next) branches with intended fixes for
> easy testing outside of Yocto Project AB and get wider exposure for
> different host setups.

So I have been pushing my changes to daisy-next prior to them being
merged into daisy itself.  You are welcome to pull from it, test it and
report back, just beware that it can be rebased.

Sau!