[OE-core] Opkg 0.2.3

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Thu Oct 30 19:48:42 UTC 2014

On 30 October 2014 19:15, Michael Gloff <mgloff at emacinc.com> wrote:
> As Paul mentioned yesterday opkg 0.2.4 is on it's way and 0.2.3 has been
> available for 2 months. If there are not any objections, I have an updated
> recipe and re-created previous patches that I could send. This should also
> modify opkg-colateral to use the new syntax for lists_dir.

I'm also sat on tested patches, I was planning to send them tomorrow.
I've held the patches back as the deadline for such changes for OE 1.7
had passed.

> I would also at this time like to propose changing the default list
> directory from /var/lib to something else (/usr/lib ?). On a read only
> rootfs, everything in /var/lib/ gets mounted on the tmpfs, therefore
> packages installed get lost.

Changes in v0.3.0 will make this much easier to configure. You'll be
able to set cache_dir, lists_dir, info_dir, lock_file and status_file
in opkg.conf. I'd rather we left the defaults as-is and use those
settings once v0.3.0 is released. v0.3.0 will also create any
directories needed if they don't exist. So it may make sense to set
cache_dir to something under /tmp, lock_file to something under /var
or /run and everything else under /usr if that's what's desired.

> I've tested changing the lists_dir and everything is working as expected.
>
> Michael Gloff

Thanks,

--
Paul Barker