[OE-core] Opkg 0.2.3

Michael Gloff mgloff at emacinc.com
Fri Oct 31 07:14:38 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 2:48 PM, Paul Barker <paul at paulbarker.me.uk> wrote:

> On 30 October 2014 19:15, Michael Gloff <mgloff at emacinc.com> wrote:
> > As Paul mentioned yesterday opkg 0.2.4 is on it's way and 0.2.3 has been
> > available for 2 months. If there are not any objections, I have an
> updated
> > recipe and re-created previous patches that I could send. This should
> also
> > modify opkg-colateral to use the new syntax for lists_dir.
>
> I'm also sat on tested patches, I was planning to send them tomorrow.
> I've held the patches back as the deadline for such changes for OE 1.7
> had passed.

Thanks Paul. I'll wait for your patch set. I hit send before checking inbox.

> > I would also at this time like to propose changing the default list
> > directory from /var/lib to something else (/usr/lib ?). On a read only
> > rootfs, everything in /var/lib/ gets mounted on the tmpfs, therefore
> > packages installed get lost.
>
> Changes in v0.3.0 will make this much easier to configure. You'll be
> able to set cache_dir, lists_dir, info_dir, lock_file and status_file
> in opkg.conf. I'd rather we left the defaults as-is and use those
> settings once v0.3.0 is released. v0.3.0 will also create any
> directories needed if they don't exist. So it may make sense to set
> cache_dir to something under /tmp, lock_file to something under /var
> or /run and everything else under /usr if that's what's desired.

Cool, I'm looking forward to v0.3.0 and beyond
Why not use the new syntax? The recipe should reflect the version of the
package.
Changing the lists_dir with 0.2.1 did not work for me. I can test the old
syntax on 0.2.3 and see, if there is interest.

Is there a reason why opkg-collateral.bb exists? And couldn't be merged
with opkg?

Michael Gloff