[OE-core] preferred remotes for git pulls?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Oct 31 10:11:45 UTC 2014

Hi Peter,

On Friday 31 October 2014 05:05:37 Peter A. Bigot wrote:
> There are two changes (virtual/bluez and pseudo-no-host-passwd) that I'd
> like to rework and propose for master now that it's reopened.  Both are
> likely to touch multiple files.  Previous comments and the wiki how-to
> suggest that git-pull is preferred over patchwork-only for multi-patch
> changes like this.
>
> I have existing github resources that I could use as the source. Would
> that be acceptable to the maintainers?

I think for OE-Core at least the contrib repo is preferred but not necessarily
mandatory.

> If using an openembedded-hosted -contrib repository is preferred, what's
> the process for getting access?  I'd be touching openembedded-core and
> meta-openembedded at the least.

Getting push access to the contrib repos is pretty easy - just email Michael
Halstead <michael at yoctoproject.org> asking for access specifying the
repositories, specify your desired prefix for contrib branches (e.g. mine is
paule/), and attach your SSH pubkey if you haven't already sent it previously.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton