[OE-core] [oe] Style issue for recipes

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Sep 4 16:29:04 UTC 2014

On 4 September 2014 17:07, Enrico Scholz
<enrico.scholz at sigma-chemnitz.de> wrote:
> .inc files make sense with current packaging because they are revision
> control friendly.  E.g. you can put the logic into .inc and follow its
> history with 'git log' which is not possible when there are only the
> versioned .bb files.

You can follow changes to the .inc but not anything that went in and
out of the .bb, but I do concede that git not tracking the renames
directly does mean some histories are harder to track (although simple
to follow as the commit where the history stops will tell you where to
pick it up again).

Ross