[OE-core] [oe] Backporting of latest recipes on oe-classic

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Sep 9 13:02:25 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 09 September 2014 18:23:24 Bryan wrote:
>    We have some queries regarding OE-Classic.
> 1. Where can we find latest recipes for oe-classic.

http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/

That's as up-to-date as it gets. There might be other forked repositories
floating around, but that is the last official one.

> Does oe-classic is still get updation for latest package support?

No, as discussed on IRC, OE-Classic is now unmaintained. OE-Core and layers on
top of it should ideally be used instead.

> 2. How can we compile latest recipes of oe-core on oe-classic and ofcourse
> there bitbake version would be different.Basically, we can say we need to
> backport the recipe to classic.
> e.g. gtk+2.20.1 & above, glibc-2.11.3 & above

If you are determined to stay with OE-Classic I think you'd be better off just
upgrading the recipes in OE-Classic - going backwards is going to be more
painful.

Here's the only semi-related information we have, which is about migration in
the other direction; it could be helpful in terms of providing pointers:

  http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/Migrating_metadata_to_OE-Core

Cheers,
Paul

--