[OE-core] Ownership issue in package contents

Mario Domenech Goulart mario at ossystems.com.br
Mon Apr 6 12:59:31 UTC 2015

Hi Mark and all,

On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:47:36 -0500 Mark Hatle <mark.hatle at windriver.com> wrote:

> On 3/31/15 4:21 PM, Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:

>>> This is a bug then.  The owner/group correction is supposed to be made AFTER the
>>> user/groups have been added to the system (sysroot) via the adduser.  THAT is a
>>> bug that IMHO should be fixed sooner, rather then later.
>>>
>>> It might be as simple as the install sysroot (${D}) configuration with pseudo
>>> isn't pointing to the right /etc/passwd and /etc/group.  I believe it should be
>>> pointing to the one in the regular sysroot repository.
>>
>> I should also have mentioned that initially I set
>> FILESYSTEM_PERMS_TABLES globally.
>>
>> Now I set it in the foo recipe, but still get errors:
>>
>> ----------------------------8<---------------------------------
>> ERROR: Error executing a python function in .../foo.bb:
>>
>> The stack trace of python calls that resulted in this exception/failure was:
>> File: 'fixup_perms', lineno: 231, function: <module>
>>      0227:                    each_file = os.path.join(root, f)
>>      0228:                    fix_perms(each_file, fs_perms_table[dir].fmode, fs_perms_table[dir].fuid, fs_perms_table[dir].fgid, dir)
>>      0229:
>>      0230:
>>  *** 0231:fixup_perms(d)
>>      0232:
>> File: 'fixup_perms', lineno: 173, function: fixup_perms
>>      0169:                if len(lsplit) != 8 and not (len(lsplit) == 3 and lsplit[1].lower() == "link"):
>>      0170:                    msg = "Fixup perms: %s invalid line: %s" % (conf, line)
>>      0171:                    package_qa_handle_error("perm-line", msg, d)
>>      0172:                    continue
>>  *** 0173:                entry = fs_perms_entry(d.expand(line))
>>      0174:                if entry and entry.path:
>>      0175:                    fs_perms_table[entry.path] = entry
>>      0176:            f.close()
>>      0177:
>> File: 'fixup_perms', lineno: 32, function: __init__
>>   File "fixup_perms", line 32, in __init__
>>
>> File: 'fixup_perms', lineno: 43, function: _setdir
>>   File "fixup_perms", line 43, in _setdir
>>
>> File: 'fixup_perms', lineno: 67, function: _procuid
>>   File "fixup_perms", line 67, in _procuid
>>
>> Exception: KeyError: 'getpwnam(): name not found: foo'
>> ---------------------------->8---------------------------------
>>
>> I still have the chown line in do_install, and that seems to "work"
>> (i.e., it doesn't cause errors).  The error above seems be caused by
>> something in do_package (fix_perms, specifically) that is not using the
>> proper authentication database.
>
> What is odd, if it's working in do_install, then it should be working in the
> package set.
>
> You should probably look at dumping the value of PSEUDO_PASSWD in the do_install
> step, and then later in the package.bbclass when it fails.  If it fails we can
> compare the values and see what the mismatch might be.
>
> It would be good if you could dump the environment at this point and see where
> the password/group file are being sourced from.

> [...]

Thanks for all the hints and for your patience.

It looks like I was caught by a messed up TMPDIR.  After I removed
TMPDIR and baked the foo recipe, everything works.  I could make it work
by adding

  FILESYSTEM_PERMS_TABLES = "files/fs-perms.txt ${THISDIR}/${PN}/fs-perms-foo.txt"

to the foo.bb recipe.  In this case files/fs-perms.txt is the global
default one and ${THISDIR}/${PN}/fs-perms-foo.txt is the foo-specific
one that has one line only, which sets the permissions for
${libexecdir}.

I had to explicitly prepend files/fs-perms.txt because packages.bbclass
would not pick files/fs-perms.txt if FILESYSTEM_PERMS_TABLES is set.

Best wishes.
Mario
--
http://www.ossystems.com.br