[OE-core] Ownership issue in package contents

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Mon Apr 6 14:53:09 UTC 2015

On 4/6/15 7:59 AM, Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:
> Hi Mark and all,

> Thanks for all the hints and for your patience.
>
> It looks like I was caught by a messed up TMPDIR.  After I removed
> TMPDIR and baked the foo recipe, everything works.  I could make it work
> by adding
>
>   FILESYSTEM_PERMS_TABLES = "files/fs-perms.txt ${THISDIR}/${PN}/fs-perms-foo.txt"
>
> to the foo.bb recipe.  In this case files/fs-perms.txt is the global
> default one and ${THISDIR}/${PN}/fs-perms-foo.txt is the foo-specific
> one that has one line only, which sets the permissions for
> ${libexecdir}.
>
> I had to explicitly prepend files/fs-perms.txt because packages.bbclass
> would not pick files/fs-perms.txt if FILESYSTEM_PERMS_TABLES is set.

I've often thought that we probably should make FILESYSTEM_PERMS_TABLES into a
globally defined configuration (bitbake.conf) and remove the default from the
package.bbclass.  The design here was old, and based on even older code that was
specific to device node generation.

A patch to do this would likely be accepted.  (I'd make it so that an empty
value would simply run through just the default internal values.)

--Mark