[OE-core] compiling the host tools natively for the host Linux?

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Tue Apr 14 06:21:01 UTC 2015

* Janne Karhunen <janne.karhunen at gmail.com> [150413 17:44]:
> Is there a way to compile the host tools (primarily interested in the
> compiler) for the host Linux rather than for the own distro?

Could you explain what you're trying to achieve a little bit more?

Which computer do you call host Linux and which one is "own distro"?

Is the build-machine the host? Is the target "own distro"? If so, you
need to look at generateing an SDK. (Prefebly, `bitbake <image-name> -c
populate_sdk`).

> I'm comping the toolchains & sysroots as RPMs and the relocation of
> the toolchain from $RPM_BUILD_ROOT is a bit painful due to the own
> distro being used to run them. I'm doing that in RPM %post with
> patchelf & chrpath, but it is getting hairy.

I'm not really following what you're trying to achieve...

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander