[OE-core] Using CRDA in combination with MDEV

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Fri Apr 17 12:17:36 UTC 2015

Has anyone here ever got "crda" to work with mdev (instead of udev)?

I was getting this message again from the wireless card:

cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain

Now CRDA is the answer to that, and until now, I solved it by simply compiling
a static rules database into my kernel. Which is apparently frowned upon, so I
went looking for a more generally accepted solution.

I noticed there's a "crda" package in OE, but it RDEPENDS on udev for no other
reason than simply because it provides a rules file for that. And I want to
keep using mdev.

I think it would be better to split this package, and have a "crda-udev"
package that provides the rules file and the dependency on udev. Alternative
is to have a PACKAGECONFIG to enable udev support.

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert

TOPIC Embedded Products
Eindhovenseweg 32-C, NL-5683 KH Best
Postbus 440, NL-5680 AK Best
Telefoon: +31 (0) 499 33 69 79
Telefax: +31 (0) 499 33 69 70
E-mail: mike.looijmans at topicproducts.com
Website: www.topicproducts.com

Please visit us at the Hannover Messe which will be held from 13.04.2015 till 17.04.2015, Hall 2, Stand C12, Holland High Tech House
http://www.hannovermesse.de/exhibitor/topic-embedded-products/L929216?source=akl