[OE-core] Using CRDA in combination with MDEV

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 15:32:55 UTC 2015

On 15-04-17 08:17 AM, Mike Looijmans wrote:
> I noticed there's a "crda" package in OE, but it RDEPENDS on udev for
> no other reason than simply because it provides a rules file for that.
> And I want to keep using mdev.
>
> I think it would be better to split this package, and have a
> "crda-udev" package that provides the rules file and the dependency on
> udev. Alternative is to have a PACKAGECONFIG to enable udev support.

I think the PACKAGECONFIG option would cause fewer surprises (perhaps?).
Otherwise anyone currently using the crda package with udev will now
have to change a previously-working build (to add the new crda-udev
package) so it can continue working. Is it possible to have the
crda-udev package automatically selected if udev is a distro feature and
the crda package is part of the image?