[OE-core] qemu + initramfs

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Mon Aug 24 12:05:12 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-08-24 at 13:50 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I just tried to boot a custom image under qemu with
> core-image-minimal-initramfs included in the kernel. For that, I added
> to my local.conf:
>
>         INITRAMFS_IMAGE = "core-image-minimal-initramfs"
>         INITRAMFS_IMAGE_BUNDLE = "1"
>
> The extended kernel now gets built fine with the normal "bitbake
> <image>".

Speaking of qemu and core-image-minimal-initramfs, that initramfs isn't
really suitable as it stands. It uses init-live-boot, which expects to
boot from removable media instead of the fixed disk provided by qemu.

Is there anything more suitable or do I have to roll my own init script
entirely, perhaps based on initramfs-framework?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.