[OE-core] python3 dbus

Chris Trobridge Chris.Trobridge at ULTRA-AEP.COM
Wed Dec 2 15:26:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have a dbus-based service written in python3 that I want run on a Yocto system.

I can run python3 and have patched a few python module recipes to python3 but the big outstanding issue is dbus, and gi.repository.GObject in particular.

I can see various discussions about keeping this up to date on python2 (meta-gir).

I would like some advice on whether I would be better off back-porting the python3 service to 2.7 (which would be disappointing but not a major undertaking) or whether it would be reasonable to modify the existing python 2.7 dbus/gobject  recipes to python3.

I am tending to back-porting to 2.7 but I am not 100% confident that dbus/gobject works with either version of python in Yocto?

All opinions welcome!

Regards,
Chris

Ultra Electronics AEP is a trading name of Ultra Electronics Ltd. This email and any attachments to it are confidential to the intended recipient and may also be privileged. If you have received it in error please notify the sender and delete it from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute its contents to any other person. All communications may be subject to interception or monitoring for operational and/or security purposes. Please rely on your own virus checking as the sender cannot accept any liability for any damage arising from any bug or virus infection. Ultra Electronics Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales, registration number 02830644. The Registered office address is 417 Bridport Road, Greenford, Middlesex, UB6 8UA.
This email message has been delivered safely and archived online by Mimecast.