[OE-core] How to move a recipe to another directory without invalidating its sstate-cache?

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Wed Dec 16 09:38:18 UTC 2015

I renamed "recipes-some/foo/bar.bb" to "recipes-some/buzz/bar.bb"

Rebuilding bar and its dependencies will take about 16 hours. So I don't want
to trigger a rebuild.

running "bitbake -S printdiff bar" only reveils this:

The differences between the current build and any cached tasks start at the
following tasks:
.../recipes-some/buzz/bar.bb, do_configure
NOTE: Reparsing files to collect dependency data
Writing locked sigs to .../build/locked-sigs.inc

Task bar:do_configure couldn't be used from the cache because:
   We need hash 52209720c011f1f165a0bbb042d9b12b, closest matching task was
25b3674b7a678faf1ac623bf0d836bb9
   runtaskdeps changed from [..., 'foobar.bb.do_patch'] to
['buzzbar.bb.do_patch', ...]

So apparently some mysterious variable appears to include the location of the
recipe. I would not have expected the "foo" and "buzz" words to be present
anywhere. The recipe itself doesn't use or need a configure step.

But my primary question is now: What variable can I set to prevent a rebuild?

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert

TOPIC Embedded Products