[OE-core] How to move a recipe to another directory without invalidating its sstate-cache?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Dec 16 12:35:44 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-12-16 at 10:38 +0100, Mike Looijmans wrote:
> I renamed "recipes-some/foo/bar.bb" to "recipes-some/buzz/bar.bb"
>
> Rebuilding bar and its dependencies will take about 16 hours. So I
> don't want
> to trigger a rebuild.
>
> running "bitbake -S printdiff bar" only reveils this:

I'm not sure I trust the output of -S printdiff, there are some cases
it doesn't seem to "guess" right. I wish I or someone one could fix but
but we can do its work manually. Can you try something like:

set TMPDIR = "x"
bitbake -S bar
rename the recipe
set TMPDIR = "y"
bitbake -S bar

then

"ls tmp-x/stamps/xxxx/bar"
"ls tmp-y/stamps/xxxx/bar"

and see which tasks change signature. Then run:

"bitbake-diffsigs <sig A> <sig B>"

and see if that makes more sense?