[OE-core] RPM package generation architecture

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Mon Jan 19 01:07:56 UTC 2015

On 1/18/15 4:55 PM, Yevhen Kyriukha wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm building RPM packages for ARM board.
> I'm getting packages generated for 3 architectures: all, raspberrypi,
> armv6hf_vfp.
> I can't install any of these packages with rpm as it uses "uname" to
> get current machine arch and "uname" outputs "armv6l" arch. Also "all"
> should be "noarch" for rpm.
> I want that packages have "proper" arch: "noarch" and "armv6l".
> Could someone give suggestions on this, please?

You are using the wrong version of RPM.  You need to use the version (RPM5) that
is configured by the system during the filesystem generation, along with the
platform file (/etc/rpm/platform) to specify to the system what is allowed.

RPM4 (which it sounds like you are using) does not have an easily adjustable
table of package names.  To install Yocto Project packages, you will need to
patch it to define the additional names.

--Mark