[OE-core] SDK extract errors on master

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Mon Jul 6 11:35:26 UTC 2015

On 03/07/15 15:56, Jack Mitchell wrote:
> Built an SDK today on 7eb0abc5f4d971d9a511c93cfb2eb52b72e6f228 and
> when I tried to install it I got the following error:
>
> Setting it up...ls: cannot access
> /home/jack/Work/build/openembedded/sdk/1/x86_64/environment-setup-*:
> No such file or directory
>
> I have been messing about with the SDK install path and at one point
> it did spew out a load of files installed vs shipped warnings I assume
> due to a change of path and it getting upset about it, but since then
> I deleted the tmp directory and rebuilt a new SDK without warnings.
> However, both acted in the same way.
>
> The SDK then sits without installing, seemingly stuck on: grep
> OECORE_NATIVE_SYSROOT, which I assume means it's looking for the
> (non-existant) environment file.
>
> Any clues? Is this broken for anyone else?
>
> Cheers,
> Jack.

Ok, I figured out how I broke it; I used a relative path in SDKPATH. i.e.

SDKPATH=/path/to/sdk/../rel-sdk

So, first off; should this be supported? Secondly, the use-case I was
trying to get at was to position an SDK relative to the build dir, i.e.

SDKPATH=${TOPDIR}/../sdk

Is there a better way to do this. I guess this problem could be solved
somewhere in an SDK class by changing the relative path to an absolute
path. Ideas?

Cheers,
Jack.