[OE-core] Library Patches Causing Many Packages to Rebuild

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Jul 10 09:20:21 UTC 2015

On 10 July 2015 at 00:24, Connor Smith <connor.smith at ni.com> wrote:

> rpm-native appears to be recompiling because the do_populate_sysroot
> hash is changing for the native versions of openssl and python. I'm not
> sure why either of these tasks are changing.

This is likely the source of a lot of the rebuilds.  openssl was changed,
openssl-native rebuilds, causing a rebuild of rpm-native, which likely
causes a re-package of everything.

If this doesn't explain the situation then attaching the cooker log
demonstrating the problem might help identify it.

Ross