[OE-core] Library Patches Causing Many Packages to Rebuild

Connor Smith connor.smith at ni.com
Fri Jul 10 17:09:23 UTC 2015

On 07/10/2015 04:20 AM, Burton, Ross wrote:

> On 10 July 2015 at 00:24, Connor Smith <connor.smith at ni.com> wrote:
>
>     rpm-native appears to be recompiling because the do_populate_sysroot
>     hash is changing for the native versions of openssl and python. I'm not
>     sure why either of these tasks are changing.
>

> This is likely the source of a lot of the rebuilds.  openssl was changed, openssl-native rebuilds, causing a rebuild of rpm-native, which likely causes a re-package of everything.
>
> If this doesn't explain the situation then attaching the cooker log demonstrating the problem might help identify it.
>
> Ross

Ah, that makes sense. I investigated some more, and the do_package task
has a hard-coded dependency on rpm-native. Removing this dependency and
rebuilding resolved the issue; the only ipks being rebuilt now are from
packages that depend on openssl and need to be recompiled.

Should this dependency be based off PACKAGE_CLASSES, or is it necessary
to always depend on rpm-native? We're using opkg, not rpm.

Thanks,
Connor Smith