[OE-core] fido status

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sun Jun 28 10:14:40 UTC 2015

I just wanted to let people know what is going on with Fido.

Joshua has had a branch in testing for a while. The autobuilder gave
mixed feedback for it. Partly, there was a problem since we'd introduced
a new autobuilder (Fedora 22) and this introduced some problems with
subversion-native and gcc5. Partly there were also networking issues on
the autobuilders related to runqemu.

Thanks to some help from Michael, we've tracked down and sorted the
networking issue (we hope!). I therefore took the decision to merge
Joshua's fido-next branch myself, now, with the addition of the
subversion fixes to the fido branch.

I've triggered another build which is underway at the moment and I'm
confident the result should be reasonable. What I am expecting is
failures for oe-selftest and for nightly-aarm64 and nightly-mips64.
There are fixes just merged into master which resolve issues in all
three areas, I'm hoping we can queue up a fido-next with those in and
get fido building green quickly. Those issues are less of an issue given
we know what the issues are and they are testing issues, not 'real'
bugs.