[OE-core] fido status

Joshua Lock joshua.lock at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jun 29 10:19:54 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-06-28 at 11:14 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> I just wanted to let people know what is going on with Fido.
>
> Joshua has had a branch in testing for a while. The autobuilder gave
> mixed feedback for it. Partly, there was a problem since we'd
> introduced
> a new autobuilder (Fedora 22) and this introduced some problems with
> subversion-native and gcc5. Partly there were also networking issues
> on
> the autobuilders related to runqemu.
>
> Thanks to some help from Michael, we've tracked down and sorted the
> networking issue (we hope!). I therefore took the decision to merge
> Joshua's fido-next branch myself, now, with the addition of the
> subversion fixes to the fido branch.

Thanks for merging Richard, the number of patches was starting to get
unwieldy so I'm pleased to see this happen.

> I've triggered another build which is underway at the moment and I'm
> confident the result should be reasonable. What I am expecting is
> failures for oe-selftest and for nightly-aarm64 and nightly-mips64.
> There are fixes just merged into master which resolve issues in all
> three areas, I'm hoping we can queue up a fido-next with those in and
> get fido building green quickly. Those issues are less of an issue
> given
> we know what the issues are and they are testing issues, not 'real'
> bugs.

Your prediction was very accurate. I've merged a bunch of fixes for the
issues you highlighted (and a couple of others) into my fido-next
branch[1]. I shall endeavour to get this tested on the autobuilder and
submitted for merge over the next couple of days.

Thanks again,

Joshua

1. http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core
-contrib/log/?h=joshuagl/fido-next