[OE-core] fido status

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 20:25:53 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 3:19 AM, Joshua Lock
<joshua.lock at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2015-06-28 at 11:14 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
>> I just wanted to let people know what is going on with Fido.
>>
>> Joshua has had a branch in testing for a while. The autobuilder gave
>> mixed feedback for it. Partly, there was a problem since we'd
>> introduced
>> a new autobuilder (Fedora 22) and this introduced some problems with
>> subversion-native and gcc5. Partly there were also networking issues
>> on
>> the autobuilders related to runqemu.
>>
>> Thanks to some help from Michael, we've tracked down and sorted the
>> networking issue (we hope!). I therefore took the decision to merge
>> Joshua's fido-next branch myself, now, with the addition of the
>> subversion fixes to the fido branch.
>
> Thanks for merging Richard, the number of patches was starting to get
> unwieldy so I'm pleased to see this happen.
>

>> I've triggered another build which is underway at the moment and I'm
>> confident the result should be reasonable. What I am expecting is
>> failures for oe-selftest and for nightly-aarm64 and nightly-mips64.
>> There are fixes just merged into master which resolve issues in all
>> three areas, I'm hoping we can queue up a fido-next with those in and
>> get fido building green quickly. Those issues are less of an issue
>> given
>> we know what the issues are and they are testing issues, not 'real'
>> bugs.
>
> Your prediction was very accurate. I've merged a bunch of fixes for the
> issues you highlighted (and a couple of others) into my fido-next
> branch[1]. I shall endeavour to get this tested on the autobuilder and
> submitted for merge over the next couple of days.

One minor comment on the patches already merged. This change:

  http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?h=fido&id=f46c2ac0fd05f0e10258d8f03bfb2ebd0c2bcbe3

was reported to cause problems for multilib [1]. It needs this follow-on fix:

  http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?h=master-next&id=78a0e916882a747c267808c08ab8bc615198b5a8

[1] http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2015-May/105351.html