[OE-core] gst-ffmpeg is broken since the libav-9 introduction

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Mon Mar 9 18:18:03 UTC 2015

On 09-03-15 16:26, Burton, Ross wrote:
> Oh and FWIW the Sato images in master just flipped from GStreamer 0.10
> to 1.4 by default, so I do hope that GStreamer 0.10 will disappear from
> oe-core after the next release (moving to meta-multimedia).
>
> Can I ask why you're still using GStreamer 0.10?  If there's a good
> reason to keep 0.10 in oe-core during the next cycle we can, but
> otherwise the sooner it can be removed entirely as it's no longer tested
> the better.

It works, and we're stuck with vendors providing no support for 1.x, and
we've been trying to get the 1.x version integrated but that's a rather
big task and the total lack of decent "how to migrate from 0.1 to 1.x"
guides isn't doing much to speed that up either.

The current situation is so bad (and has been for many years) that we
have our own copies of the gstreamer 0.1 recipes in OpenPLi.

--
Mike Looijmans