[OE-core] [oe-commits] Jonathan Liu : fontcache.bbclass: prepend to PACKAGEFUNCS instead of appending

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Mar 26 21:39:35 UTC 2015

On 25 March 2015 at 22:14, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:

> yes, I've verified that I can reproduce this issue in master after
> reverting this change and that it resolves the issue in dizzy if I
> backport it with one other change (just to apply it cleanly with
> additional bugfix), I've referenced the fontcache.bbclass fix, these
> 3 should go in only together.

So I just managed to replicate and root-cause this a bit.   Good news:
found this in qemu's bugzilla.  Bad news: it's been open since 2013.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1245703

The startup code iterates all files in the "sysroot" and cyclic symlinks
cause it to iterate forever.  So for now the official advice is "don't have
cyclic symlinks in your rootfs, or qemu breaks".

Ross