[OE-core] [RFC] Remove vala from oe-core

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Tue Nov 10 15:06:14 UTC 2015

On 11/10/2015 04:50 PM, Paul Eggleton wrote:

> When considering whether something belongs in OE-Core, typically we apply the
> following criteria (not that this is really formalised, but based on our
> history):
>
> 1) Is it something that a reasonable majority of people need in an embedded
> context?

I should clarify: there might be Vala software out there that someone
would want to run in an embedded context. And that software might
require Vala bindings for libraries that are in oe-core. If we don't
provide those bindings, then either the layer that adds vala recipe also
has to patch all of our oe-core recipes, or (worse!) the person who
needs something vala-based also has to ad-hoc-patch the dependency
recipes of that.

Alex