[OE-core] gobject introspection to oe-core

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 8 06:29:21 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Alexander Kanavin
<alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking into the possibility of adding gobject introspection support
> directly to oe-core for Yocto 2.1 release (Spring 2016). This work would of
> course be based on meta-gir, but with the mandatory goal of producing
> patches of sufficient quality that can be sent upstream.
>
> I know the upstream tarball is a mess that mashes together several different
> things and was never designed for cross-compiling; and meta-gir is also
> difficult to understand: autotools-based build files are patched using
> undocumented patchfiles, then again patched from the recipe using sed, with
> no comments anywhere - all that needs to be sorted.
>
> What's your take on this? Is it realistic? Would you be able to help out?
>
> Regards,
> Alexander
> --
I appreciate this very much - missing gir was a blocker many times for
me. Especially if you'd manage to turn gir to more cross friendly
state.
Regarding support: Depends on my current challenges but running tests
and reviews should be possible for me.

Andreas