[OE-core] How to handle mesa customization in BSP layers

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Tue Oct 20 09:32:35 UTC 2015

hi there,

in the meta-qcom BSP layer, I need to customize mesa to enable
Gallium/freedreno driver which is not enabled in OE-core by default. I
have been using a bbappend , see [1] so far.

However it was reported by Koen that his is causing issues, at least
in Angstrom, though it's not specific to this distro.. See github
comments on [2].

The issue is that mesa is arch specific, not machine specific. So if
you start mixing machines from the same arch, we are getting
unexpected/wrong rebuilds.

How am I supposed to handle that properly in a BSP layer? I don't
think that enabling the freedreno driver should be a distro config, am
i right?

thanks
nico

[1] https://github.com/ndechesne/meta-qcom/blob/master/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa_10.%25.bbappend