[OE-core] Fido and dizzy collaboration?

Joshua Lock joshua.lock at collabora.co.uk
Wed Sep 2 17:10:53 UTC 2015

Hi Richard,

On Tue, 2015-09-01 at 21:39 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> Hi Armin, Joshua,
>
> I've just been looking at the patches queued for the dizzy/fido
> branches. In fact I ended up merging them before I realised there are
> some issues.
>
> The problem is there are dizzy patches which aren't in fido, which
> breaks our policies. Could the two of you work to resolve that and
> give
> me fido branch to pull which resolved it please?

I just had a look at changes merged to dizzy in the past two weeks,
assuming the issues were recent, and found the following changes in
dizzy which I didn't have in fido:
* Some QEMU CVE fixes, those don't apply to the newer QEMU in fido
(2.2.0 vs. 2.1.0).
* A fix for CVE-2015-5477 in bind, fido has a different patch to
include this - probably not worth a revert & merge though?
* Three lib/oeqa changes - I've cherry-picked them to my joshuagl/fido
-next branch[1].

In future I'll keep an eye on changes tagged for dizzy too and try to
help avoid this happening again.

Regards,

Joshua

1. http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=joshua