[OE-core] Error building gdk-pixbuf-native

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Sep 23 12:15:39 UTC 2015

On 22 September 2015 at 16:28, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:

> | g_module_open() failed for
> /home/local/rpi2_2015-03-05/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so:
> libharfbuzz.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Here's my guess at what happened.  Starting state was a complete sysroot
with at least gdk-pixbuf, harfbuzz, librsvg installed.  Yhen you did a new
build.  At least harfbuzz and gdk-pixbuf were being rebuilt, so purged from
the sysroot.  gdk-pixbuf rebuilt, installed into sysroot, ran the
update-cache script which then found the rsvg loader from the previous
sysroot that was not (yet?) removed that links to harfbuzz.  Harfbuzz still
isn't reinstall yet, linkage fails.

Is this with master or a release? There are changes in master compared to
fido to improve situations like this.

Ross