[OE-core] About pseudo's chmod

Seebs seebs at seebs.net
Mon Aug 1 18:17:13 UTC 2016

On 1 Aug 2016, at 3:57, Robert Yang wrote:

> How about we track the src when hardlink, for example:

I don't think I like this.

Fundamentally, the problem here is making a hard link to a file outside
of pseudo, and then modifying the file.

Consider, if you will, what happens if you replace "chmod 0777 file2"
with:
	# echo "# last line" >> file2

The problem here isn't pseudo's tracking; it's that we're making a hard
link to a file, modifying the hard link, deleting the hard link, and
expecting the original file to have the same attributes it had before
this all happened.

-s