[OE-core] how can i add u-boot-fw-utils to my build without u-boot being part of the build?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Aug 18 16:41:25 UTC 2016

  not sure if i asked this once, but i'm still trying to figure it
out.

  i want to add the u-boot-fw-utils recipe to my current build, but
u-boot is *not* part of the relevant BSP layer -- u-boot is being
configured and built elsewhere, and that's not changing for the
foreseeable future.

  the good news is that those utilities don't need to have any info on
the default environment for u-boot -- they need only have access to
the environment in flash, and there is a /etc/fw_env.config file that
is all set up and ready to go and referring to the correct device and
offset in flash.

  so how do i specify that i want to add that recipe to my build,
while saying, "don't worry about the default environment, you don't
need it." can that be done? thanks.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca