[OE-core] Cannot build any external kernel modules in krogoth

Ian Geiser geiseri at geekcentral.pub
Tue Aug 30 14:13:52 UTC 2016

Greetings,  I have an issue where I cannot seem to build any external kernel module recipes.  The one in particular is iscsitarget, but it seems none of them build now.

It seems that what is happening is that the "work-shared/*/kernel-build-artifacts" is getting erased right before the module recipe tries to use them.  Has anyone seen this before?

As a key point, I am also using my own kernel recipe that only uses the kernel.bbclass, not the kernel-yocto.bbclass.  Is there magic I am missing that will not allow me to build modules unless I am using the yocto kernels?

Thanks!