[OE-core] $50 bounty for an OE recipe for libfilesys-smbclient-perl. seriously.

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Dec 20 18:32:31 UTC 2016

  really, i just don't have time to mess with this anymore and i'm
more than happy to pay someone $50 CAD (interac transfer) to provide
me with a proper recipe and essential patches for the perl module
Filesys-SmbClient-3.2 here:

  http://search.cpan.org/~alian/Filesys-SmbClient-3.2/

the fundamental issue seems to be that the source for that module is
simply not set up for cross-compilation -- the Makefile.PL file would
suggest that:

sub find_path {
  my $ext = ($_[0]=~m!\.h$! ? "include" : ( $ENV{HOSTTYPE}=~m!x86_64! ? "lib64" : "lib"));
  my $defaultsDir = { "/usr" => 1,
		      "/usr/local" => 1,
		      "/usr/local/samba" => 1,
		      "/usr/local/samba3" => 1 };
                      ... etc etc ...

and when i throw together an absolutely boilerplate recipe for that
module along the lines of what i did for dozens of others, i get:

| I search in: /home/rpjday/oe/builds/qemuarm/tmp/sysroots-uninative/x86_64-linux/usr/include
| /home/rpjday/oe/builds/qemuarm/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/perl-native/include
| /home/rpjday/oe/dist/layers/poky/scripts/include
| /home/rpjday/oe/builds/qemuarm/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/include
| /home/rpjday/oe/builds/qemuarm/tmp/sysroots/qemuarm/usr/crossscripts/include
| /home/rpjday/oe/builds/qemuarm/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/s/include
| /home/rpjday/oe/builds/qemuarm/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/include
| /home/rpjday/oe/builds/qemuarm/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/s/include
| /home/rpjday/oe/builds/qemuarm/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/include
| /home/rpjday/oe/dist/layers/poky/scripts/include
| /home/rpjday/oe/dist/layers/poky/bitbake/include
| /home/rpjday/oe/dist/bb/bin/include
| /home/rpjday/oe/dist/bb/bin/include
| /usr/local/s/include
| /usr/s/include
| /home/rpjday/.local/include
| /home/rpjday/include
| /usr/local/include
| /usr/local/samba3/include
| /usr/include
| /usr/local/samba/include
| Where can I find libsmbclient.h ? []
| ** WHAT !!!!
| ** I Can't find /libsmbclient.h : No such file or directory.

... and same problem looking for libsmbclient.so.

  using the latest poky checkout, i built a perfectly reasonable
core-image-minimal for qemuarm, and it boots and runs, and i've added
samba to it so that one can find libsmbclient.so here under
tmp/sysroots/:

$ find . -name libsmbclient.so*
./qemuarm/usr/lib/libsmbclient.so.0.2.3
./qemuarm/usr/lib/libsmbclient.so.0
./qemuarm/usr/lib/libsmbclient.so
$

  but when i try to bitbake that smbclient recipe, i get the errors
above. anyway, what little i still know about perl modules, it looks
pretty clear that the source for that module doesn't understand
cross-compilation, so if anyone wants to collect, get me something
that builds under OE. thank you kindly.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca