[OE-core] $50 bounty for an OE recipe for libfilesys-smbclient-perl. seriously.

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Dec 20 20:47:24 UTC 2016

On 20 December 2016 at 18:32, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>
wrote:

>   really, i just don't have time to mess with this anymore and i'm
> more than happy to pay someone $50 CAD (interac transfer) to provide
> me with a proper recipe and essential patches for the perl module
> Filesys-SmbClient-3.2 here:

FWIW I had a quick look at this.  I'm certainly no perl guru and can barely
understand it, but it does *so much* wrong that if you really need this
then it would be easier to just rewrite the makefile.pl from scratch.  Once
you remove the hunting for the headers in the wrong place, it then invokes
an autoconf script...  which needs to be passed the right options.

Do you really need this module?  It's not been updated for many years, so
surely there's something better.

Ross