[OE-core] Default value for FULL_OPTIMIZATION

Pascal Bach pascal.bach at siemens.com
Tue Feb 2 13:26:32 UTC 2016

Hi everybody

I noticed an inconsistency in oe-core regarding the variable: FULL_OPTIMIZATION

In bitbake.conf the variable is defined as follows:

    FULL_OPTIMIZATION = "-O2 -pipe ${DEBUG_FLAGS}"

But if I look into the documentation.conf it tells me the following:

    FULL_OPTIMIZATION[doc]= "The options to pass in TARGET_CFLAGS and CFLAGS when compiling an optimized system. This variable defaults to '-fexpensive-optimizations -fomit-frame-pointer -frename-registers -O2'."

I'm not sure if the documentation is wrong or if the default set in bitbake.conf is incorrect.
Maybe somebody can shed some light on this.

Regards
Pascal