[OE-core] Default value for FULL_OPTIMIZATION

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Tue Feb 2 14:26:33 UTC 2016

You'd have to check the GCC documentation to be sure, but I suspect that all
of "-fexpensive-optimizations -fomit-frame-pointer -frename-registers" are
already in effect at -O2 optimization level, so they're redundant.

On 02-02-16 14:26, Pascal Bach wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> I noticed an inconsistency in oe-core regarding the variable: FULL_OPTIMIZATION
>
> In bitbake.conf the variable is defined as follows:
>
>      FULL_OPTIMIZATION = "-O2 -pipe ${DEBUG_FLAGS}"
>
> But if I look into the documentation.conf it tells me the following:
>
>      FULL_OPTIMIZATION[doc]= "The options to pass in TARGET_CFLAGS and CFLAGS when compiling an optimized system. This variable defaults to '-fexpensive-optimizations -fomit-frame-pointer -frename-registers -O2'."
>
> I'm not sure if the documentation is wrong or if the default set in bitbake.conf is incorrect.
> Maybe somebody can shed some light on this.
>
> Regards
> Pascal

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert

TOPIC Embedded Products
Eindhovenseweg 32-C, NL-5683 KH Best
Postbus 440, NL-5680 AK Best
Telefoon: +31 (0) 499 33 69 79
E-mail: mike.looijmans at topicproducts.com
Website: www.topicproducts.com

Visit us at: Embedded World 2016 Germany, Hall 1, stand number 220.
Click here to schedule an appointment with us at Embedded World, free ticket included

http://topicembeddedproducts.com/schedule-an-appointment/