[OE-core] Default value for FULL_OPTIMIZATION

Pascal Bach pascal.bach at siemens.com
Tue Feb 2 16:23:02 UTC 2016

Am 02.02.2016 um 15:26 schrieb Mike Looijmans:
> You'd have to check the GCC documentation to be sure, but I suspect that all of "-fexpensive-optimizations -fomit-frame-pointer -frename-registers" are already in effect at -O2 optimization level, so they're redundant.

- "-fexpensive-optimizations" is included in -O2
- "-fomit-frame-pointer" is included in -O but "only on machines where doing so does not interfere with debugging", whatever that means ;)
- "-frename-registers" doesn't seem to be included

Soruce: https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-5.2.0/gcc/Optimize-Options.html