[OE-core] noticeably longer build (link?) times with binutils 2.26

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Tue Feb 9 00:25:14 UTC 2016

Which arch/tune are you targeting?  I know that on a few processors 2.26 has
added "link time optimization" (i.e. our processor is broken and we're working
around problems in the linker.)

It's possible you hit one of those cases, or it may simply be that much slower
for some reason.  But worse then double the time is really terrible.