[OE-core] Handliong Duplicate Files

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 18:15:45 UTC 2016

> On Jan 11, 2016, at 3:13 AM, Chris Trobridge <christrobridge at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have been looking into producing a 'python3-dbus' recipe, based on the python-dbus recipe.
>
> This recipe outputs a couple of files that are version independent but end up overlapping and causing the build to fail:
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/dbus-python.pc
> /usr/include/dbus-1.0/dbus/dbus-python.h

you can let one provide it and then delete it from other recipe but it means now you created a dependency also
second option is to install the files after renaming. e.g. dbus-python3.pc and dbus-python3.h
the may be you can use alternatives mechanism to symlink python3 versions to provide python2 versions as well
only if python2 is not installed.