[OE-core] Cannot find the information on sdk

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 13:51:11 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 1:53 AM, Oleg V. Kobrin <oleg at portlab.ru> wrote:
> Good day!
>
> I am using the OE to build my application for Beaglebone Black, and it works
> fine, as I installed the sysrooted sdk on my machine and use it for build.
> The problem is that I need to add some libs (i.e. orbit2) to my project and
> cannot find the information how to add them to sysroot.

Did you generate the SDK yourself ? if you did then go to
layers.openembedded.org
and search for orbit2 you will find it in meta-gnome layer, so you
will then add meta-gnome to your
bblayers

git clone git://github.com/openembedded/meta-openembedded
bitbake-layers add-layer <path to meta-gnome inside meta-openembedded repo>

Add orbit2 to IMAGE_INSTALL

bitbake -cpopulate_sdk <your image>

Install this new SDK and it should have orbit2