[OE-core] Adding Bash to meta-toolchain.

Kucharczyk, Bartlomiej (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) bartlomiej.kucharczyk at nokia.com
Tue Jun 21 16:08:32 UTC 2016

Hello!

I have encountered the following issue when trying to add Bash to the SDK (meta-toolchain).
After SDK is installed, bash is not accessible in PATH.

_Why_
The bash binary is installed in ${base_bindir}, which is not part of PATH variable in SDK environment script.

_Possible solution_
I can try to send a patch for this, but would like to clarify first if that is a good way. Please give some thoughts.

Basically my solution is to adjust "meta/recipes-extended/bash/bash.inc", and merge do_install_append (where /usr/bin/bash is moved to /bin/bash) into do_install_append_class-target. Additionally ALTERNATIVE_* variables must be adjusted, due to:
      WARNING: bash: NOT adding alternative provide

With regards,
Bartek