[OE-core] Using boost-program-options and native

thilo.cestonaro at ts.fujitsu.com thilo.cestonaro at ts.fujitsu.com
Wed Apr 12 13:47:57 UTC 2017

Hey all!

I want to build a tool which makes use of boost-program-options lib. As long as I compile for the target, all is fine, but when I add
> BBCLASSEXTEND += "native"
to my recipe, I a bitbake error "Nothing Provides" ... :(

> ERROR: Required build target 'mytool-native' has no buildable providers.
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['mytool-native', 'boost-program-options-native']

In the recipe I just depend on boost and RDEPEND on boost-program-options:
> DEPENDS = "boost"
> RDEPENDS_${PN} = "boost-program-options"

Is something wrong with this? Why is there a package boost-program-options but no boost-program-options-native, altough boost-native exists and the libboost-program-options.so is installed into the
native sysroot. (I can compile flawlessly without the RDEPENDS line.)

Any hints?

Cheers,
Thilo