[OE-core] Using boost-program-options and native

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Thu Apr 13 06:34:05 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-04-12 at 13:47 +0000, thilo.cestonaro at ts.fujitsu.com wrote:
> Hey all!
>
> I want to build a tool which makes use of boost-program-options lib. As long as I compile for the target, all is fine, but when I add
> > BBCLASSEXTEND += "native"
> to my recipe, I a bitbake error "Nothing Provides" ... :(
>
> > ERROR: Required build target 'mytool-native' has no buildable providers.
> > Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['mytool-native', 'boost-program-options-native']
>
> In the recipe I just depend on boost and RDEPEND on boost-program-options:
> > DEPENDS = "boost"
> > RDEPENDS_${PN} = "boost-program-options"
>
> Is something wrong with this? Why is there a package
> boost-program-options but no boost-program-options-native, altough
> boost-native exists and the libboost-program-options.so is installed
> into the
> native sysroot. (I can compile flawlessly without the RDEPENDS line.)

Native and nativesdk flavors don't have packages, so RDEPENDS only works
when depending on ${PN}-native (but not for ${PN}-native-some-package).

Try:

DEPENDS = "boost"
RDEPENDS_${PN}_class-target = "boost-program-options"

"boost" already is a dependency via DEPENDS, so you shouldn't need an
RDEPENDS for it in the native case.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.